Tuesday, July 29, 2008

30 Years...and many more!


We recently celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. Wow, it seems just like yesterday. It's been an amazing ride. We're looking forward to 30 more! We spent some down time in St George, going for walks, eating at our favorite haunts and watching an equal amount of guy flicks and chick flicks! Nice quiet time, just the two of us.

Our children surprised us with this fabulous bouquet of fruit and chocolate dipped fruit with this sentiment. "Happy 30th Anniversary! We love you so much. Thanks for being such wonderful parents.

XOXO
Love,
Reed, Meg, Willie, Sam, Sara, Ryan, Brian and David

I love those "pay-days." It really was delicious and fun.

BTW - Thirty-three years ago when my "employed" boyfriend and I were dating, he would buy expensive and frequent gifts. I was un-employed for the most part and never had money to reciprocate on the same level. When I would protest at his generosity, he would reply "not bad for a buck ninety-eight!" On our wedding day, he found inscribed inside his wedding band, $1.98. There are 198 reasons I love my husband, a 198 times he's overlooked a mistake (ok, ok I know there have been more...maybe a 198 times this month!) and a 198 dreams I have for our future!

4 comments:

SS/DS Jennafer said...

Congrats to you both! That's a wonderful accomplishment! Here's to 30+ more years...

Tyson, Amber & Alayna said...

I'm so excited you have a blog. If the kids have blog addresses too, send them to me as well. I love to see what you are all up to.
xoxo
Amber

jane maynard said...

I know this is late, but I do believe I was overseas when you wrote this...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! if it's your 30th, that means I'm going to be 30 soon...shoot! :) love you both

Anonymous said...

Okay Barb, time to add to your blog! Did I actually find one area of your life that you're not quite on top of? Hurray for me! Love ya!